Information What We Collect
We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service at your request, such as when you contact us, register an account on our website. Certain identifiers will be collected by us automatically, and some identifiers will have to be fed by you directly.
Data/Information You Provide to Us
- Identification information such as user name, date of birth, gender, profile picture, qualification;
- Contact information such as email address, mobile number;
- Payment information (this is securely collected and processed by our payment service provider exclusively);
- A device identifier (cookie or IP address or Device ID or Android Advertiser ID;
- Additional information relevant to your use of our Platforms and Services, such as one time password sent for registration, your marketing preferences;
Survey response and feedback.
When you register your profile with TIN NEWS or sign in with TIN NEWS, you provide information which includes name, address, gender which identify yourself while using TIN NEWS’s account and services. When you use the Service, we may also collect information related to your use of the Service and aggregate this with information about other users. This helps us improve our Services for you.
Data From Other Sources
We also may obtain personal information about you from our group companies and from other third parties, including:
- Publicly available information.
• Information you have shared publicly, including on social media.
• We also receive information from you when you interact with our pages, Apps, groups, accounts or posts on social media platforms.
This list is not exhaustive, and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy.
Data from Service Use or Attendance or Automated Means
Our Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as Internet Protocol addresses, browser type and version, operating system type and version, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier, browser, number of clicks, landing page, browser language, browser history, domain, CPU Speed, and connection speed, platform types and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL clickstream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service; and/or
- An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.
- The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service, including your usage of our or website;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download or other transaction;
- Provide customer, technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customised content and other personalisation to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, queries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services or notify you of new product release, service notification and review your feedback and input;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices, and other information about products and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors, licensees and media partners;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as contest, competitions, audience voting, and similar promotions or activities;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, Internal record keeping, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance;
- We also use non-Personally Identifiable Information and certain technical information about your computer and your access to the Service (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Service.
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- In line with any permission you give us, we may send you direct marketing about our own, or carefully selected third parties’ goods and services and disclose your information to other organisations that may send direct marketing to you. You can change your marketing preferences if you are registered with us.
- We do not sell or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to any third party. We may, however, use certain information about you that is not personally identifiable.
Sharing of Your Information / Transfer of Information
Our Service Providers
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
- We may share your data with selected third parties.
- Business partners to provide you with services that you request
- Our affiliates, trading names and divisions within the TIN NEWS group of companies worldwide and other companies that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions; and/or
- Contact management systems, to send emails, instant messages, social media messages and SMS messages.
- Our payment service provider, to process payments on our behalf. We will share your full name, address, phone number, email address and details of your order for this purpose. Our payment provider will collect and process your payment details; we will not store or have access to your full credit or debit card details.
- Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public.
- Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We share your personal information with our affiliates and with exhibitors, sponsors, media partners, joint venture partners and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent or licensee, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues;
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
We are committed to ensuring that your Sensitive Personal Data and Personally Identifiable Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Due to the nature of online services, it is your personal responsibility to secure your passwords and related access codes for our online resources. TIN NEWS will not be responsible for any loss of data of the users of the website.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online and while using a website.
TIN NEWS will not sell or rent, distribute or lease your Sensitive Personal Data and Personally Identifiable Information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your Sensitive Personal Data and Personally Identifiable Information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements. Your information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we encourage you to routinely update the data to ensure that we have accurate and up-to-date information about you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website or in order to tailor it to users’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website , by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website .
Links to other websites and Social Media
Our website may contain links to many other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Please review the privacy policies of those websites before providing them with any personal information.
Blocking IP Addresses
TIN NEWS uses the help of Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to diagnose any problems with its server and to administer the website; including by blocking certain addresses that it feels are inappropriately using its website.
What rights do you have in respect of your personal information?
If you require any further information about your rights as explained below, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us.
You have the right to access your personal data
You have the right to ask us to confirm whether or not we hold any of your personal information. If we do, you have the right to have a copy of your information and to be informed of the following:
• Why have we been using your information?
• What categories of information we were using.
• Who we have shared the information with.
• How long we envisage holding your information.
In order to maintain the security of your information we will have to verify your identity before we provide you with a copy of the information we hold. The first copy of your information that you request from us will be provided free of charge, if you require further copies, we may charge an administrative fee to cover our costs. Please contact us to request access to your data.
You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
If you believe that any of the information, we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date, you have the right to require us to rectify that information. You can update or change your personal information on our website. Alternatively, please contact us so that we can correct our records.
You have the right to be forgotten.
There may be times where it is no longer necessary for us to hold personal information about you. This could be if:
• The information is no longer needed for the original purpose that we collected it for
• You withdraw your consent for us to use the information (and we have no other legal reason to keep using it)
• You object to us using your information and we have no overriding reason to keep using it
• We have used your information unlawfully
• We are subject to a legal requirement to delete your information
In these situations, you have the right to require us to delete your personal data upon production of an order of a competent court of law or any other authority as may be notified in this regard (although please be aware that we may be required to retain certain information in order to comply with our legal obligations). If you believe one of these situations applies to you, please contact us.
You have the right to have your data transferred to you or a third party in a common format. Also known as data portability, you have the right to require us to transfer your personal information, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, either to you or to another service provider.
If you would like us to do this, please contact us. There is no charge for you exercising this right.
You have the right to withdraw your consent
In most cases, we do not require your consent to use your personal information in the ways set out in this policy. However, where we do rely on your consent (such as where you subscribe to our newsletter), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can use the “unsubscribe” links in any of the communications that we send you or contact us to withdraw your consent.
International Data Transfers
Our Services can be availed anywhere in the world but because the data protection laws vary from country to country, we make sure your data is protected as per this Policy. Adequate safeguards that we may use include standard contractual clauses approved by the laws of India and the courts having ordinary original jurisdiction at Mumbai.
In case of any grievances as regards misuse or processing of your personal information in a time bound manner, please contact our Grievance Officer Mr. Arya Khanna, SM Pvt. Ltd., (Mumbai), Mobile: or email at email@example.com The Grievance Officer shall redress your grievances expeditiously not later than one month from the date of receipt of grievance.